Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Journal 4: Talented Comedian in Unfamiliar Territory


      “Louis C.K./Fun” by David Sims touched on a somewhat disappointing Saturday Night Live Episode. Sims spoke of how excited he was to see this particular episode with Louis C.K. hosting. He revealed that C.K. had no experience with sketches, but was chosen as a man of talent to perform under unknown elements. He said how C.K. appeared awkward during the majority of the show, and didn’t pull off as many sketches as Sims had hoped for. He explained how the beginning was good, the middle was uneasy, but the end was perfect. He considered the episode as a good one, but not the exciting one he was hoping for. I have never been a big fan of Saturday Night Live, aside from the best of compilations, and I did not see this episode; so attempting to judge the episode myself or compare it to others is out of the question. However, I am a major fan of Louis C.K., considering him one of my favorite comedians. Watching his stand up comedy is always a riot, and so imagining him doing any comedy show seems fitting for him. However, as Sims stated, C.K. performing on a sketch show seems rather, well, sketchy in itself. He has the talent to pull something like this off, but I can see it being difficult performing some of the unusual or parodical sketches. As for the ones he wrote, Sims revealed him doing quite well, and this has inspired me to look into his performance.

1 comment:

  1. I have not been a huge fan a Saturday Night Live myself, but I do like to get a good laugh in once in a while. I enjoy listening to comdedians because laughing is a way I can relax and forget about what I have to do for school for a little while at least. I havent heard of Louis C.K. before, but if he was on Saturday Night Live I am sure he has to be a pretty funny dude.

    ReplyDelete